After cataract surgery
- Instill your eyedrops and take your medication as prescribed.
- Come back the next day for your appointment with the doctor (1st day, 1 week, 1 month).
- Continue with your normal activities of daily living.
- Be careful when you are removing your clothing with tight collars.
- Wash your hair salon style for at least 1 week after surgery.
- Eat and drink as you would normally do. (No restrictions to the types of food)
- Wear your eye shield when you sleep to prevent accidental rubbing of your eye.
- Gently wipe your face (except the operated eye) with a towel.
- Always wipe your operated eye with a clean tissue.
- Do not rub your operated eye at any time.
- Do not allow water or soap to get into the eyes (1 week).
- Do not carry babies or small children as they may accidentally hit the operated eye unless wearing the protective eye shield.
- Do not wipe your operated eye at any time with a towel.
- Avoid eye cosmetics such as mascara, eyeliners etc for at least 2 to 4 weeks.
Using your eye drops
- Wash and dry your hands before instilling your eye drops.
- Shake the bottle before using it.
- Tilt your head back, pull your lower lid down and squeeze bottle slightly. (one drop is all you need for each eyedrop).
- Avoid touching your eyes and eyelashes with the bottle tip as you may contaminate the bottle.
- Pleas arrange for someone to drive and accompany you home.
- Your vision will be hazy initially, but will gradually improve.
- If you experience severe persistence pain, excessive discharge or any worsening of symptoms and decreasing vision, please contact our clinic at 03-8075 9737 (24 hours) immediately.